Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 196 or Has Spring Sprung or Is That My Last Nerve?

I have not been my "best self" this week. I have not "made good choices". I have been tired and crabby. And my head hurts. But...

The sun is shining. Beautifully. And it is that perfect Spring temperature -- high sixties with a nice breeze. But...

My brain feels like it is partially frozen and incapable of processing anything more than monosyllabic utterances. When I told my son that I was losing my mind, he replied, "then it will be gone forever?" To which I laughed for half a second, the amount of time it took for my brain to hurt. But...

I finally have m laptop back which means I shall be a much better follower and friend. I am so far behind on my Google reader that it actually has started giving me the Silent Treatment. (Okay, it's always silent but that's the best metaphor I could create with a half frozen, forever lost mind). And for the first time in too long, my husband and I will be sharing our own abode in the same city with our family. But...

That means we're moving this weekend. With my head cold. Half frozen brain. Forever lost mind. So...

You can see that my glass is exactly half full/empty. And I am trying really hard to see full, Full, FULL. Be cause I know that it is not empty. But... right now it is just half.

Like my brain.

9 comments:

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Sometimes when the weather starts getting really nice, this happens to me too. I am so ready for warmer weather, but it's hard to transition to the warm weather mentality or I just want to stay inside a little longer. I don't know if this makes sense, but I guess I'm trying to say I understand how you feel.

Betty Manousos said...

i think we are rady for warmer weather and spring.
I know how you feel, Tracie.
Have a great week-end, my friend:o)
Betty xx

Mama-Face said...

Wow, you are moving on top of everything else? You have to know that I understand you; but I do know that no one knows how another feels completely... I have been of the same mind lately.

Take care. You are loved.

xoxo

Copyboy said...

You gotta look on the bright side -- got your laptop back and you have nice weather. In NYC it's still freezing and wet. Great blog!

Jesse
http://jesseacohen.blogspot.com/

Claudya Martinez said...

Don't forget to pack up your brain! You wouldn't want to leave it behind, then it really would be lost forever.

Kel said...

Just stopping in to say hey and wish you a happy weekend! Love the blog!

Kel
http://betweenthelines-kam.blogspot.com

I am Harriet said...

Hi there.
I'm just stopping by to see how your comment challenge is going.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Tired Mom Tésa said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better and this week is kinder to you. The sun does seem to make things a little more happy, doesn't it? I'm sending you positive thought your way in hopes to keep your glass full.

Keri said...

Hello Friend. Should I be worried? You sound like you're on the verge. As soon as the cold goes away, your mind will come back. If not, hang in there until the sun is out a few days in a row. If it's still not back, wait until you're done moving. If it's not back after that, wait until you're settled in the new place. If it's still not back, wait until you have a day when you're SURE the glass is half full! If by then your mind is still checked out, CALL ME!!

P.S. FYI, If you use Google Reader to view blogs U follow, mine shows no new postings published since August 09. This is a Google Error with no avail. fixes Grrrrrr........