Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 213 or Monday, Monday

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday, ...

WHAT IS IT ABOUT MONDAYS??? I just can't get a groove on Mondays. I always oversleep. I think I am actually klutzier on Mondays. And I know that I am not nearly so witty and certainly not so wise. So I will leave the wisdom to The Mamas and the Papas. Wait. That does not sound right. I'm not sure that I should be taking any wisdom from these guys. But see that shows where my brain is this Monday. A world where the Phillips family holds wisdom. I can't think of any Tuesday songs (there was a band, 'Til Tuesday, but a song?) but hopefully Tuesday holds more than Monday.

So as I said... 'til Tuesday.

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I actually really like Mondays. I know I'm nuts. I always feel like it's a fresh start and a do over. I'm not normal.

Mama-Face said...

OMGOODNESS. I think of this song every week. "Just another manic Monday...not like Sunday..."

Happy Tuesday! :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Got to disagree - Sunday is my Monday if you see what I mean.

Songs with Tuesday in the title? No, I can't think of any either.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Thought I'd get back to you. I've just put 'songs with Tuesday in the title' into Pooter's search engine and it came back with several - 'Ruby Tuesday' and 'Tuesday Afternoons' were the two I could remember.

One Photo said...

You are so right! I think for most of us - Blue Violet being one of those rare exceptions :) - Mondays are the least favorite day of the week. Because it has in the past meant the weekend is over, time for school/work/normal routines of the week to begin. Just look at all the song titles with Monday in them - Manic Monday, Stormy Monday, Rainy Days and Mondays, I Don't Like Mondays, Blue Monday....all doom and gloom. Maybe we need a new bright and breezy Monday morning song. No I'm not volunteering I am no songstress.

As an out and out Queen Fan I will just sing Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon instead.

Nancy C said...

Sundays are my hard days. I get the blues, and I hate myself for squandering a nice day being mopey.

Kitty Moore said...

The boomtown rats got it right! x

Dina said...

following from mbc/fff