Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day Sixty Nine or "The Spelling Bee"

Tonight, my good friend, AW, and I went to see a wacky yet insightful musical called "The Spelling Bee". I did not stop smiling or laughing for over two hours -- my cheeks and jaw hurt! It was the story of a local spelling bee and its cornucopia of oddballs, overachievers, and social misfits. As each of the group tries to grasp the golden ring, we see how much they need or want this triumph. More than that we see why we need our triumphs.

It matters not whether it's a trophy for spelling or soccer, a diploma, or just a momentarily clean kitchen. We have to take a moment to celebrate the ticks in the win column. We have to take a moment to say, "Yea, me!"

So, no I am not a perfect mom. I am an intermittent house cleaner. And I am not an Oscar winning actress or a working actress for that matter. But I am kind. And I love my kids. And I try to do better everyday. And I don't give up. So "Yea, me!"

Take a minute today and create your own winning list. And tell yourself, "Yea, me!" Heck, I'll say it for you, "Yea You!"

7 comments:

mommakin said...

Aw, thanks! I knew I deserved kudos for folding that load of laundry! Yay YOU!!!

The Little Miss said...

Hi, isnt that company amazing? I love the princess and the pee. They do deliver internationally...If you want to purchase something let me know and Ill see if I can get a discount :)

xo
littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

Tracie said...

Yea me for the ???? What have I done today?

Claudya Martinez said...

That is a fun show!

Betty Manousos said...

Loved the winning list.
Now I'm thinking....
Thanks for your kind comments . I find your idea very inspiring!
xoxo

Amira said...

Super fun sharing the show experience with you! Can't wait for more theatre nights.

Mama-Face said...

What a sweet post. The play sounds great. Now to make my list. Thinking...