First off, Mama-Face had a giveaway of beautiful hand-made Christmas cards and I won! Here they are and they are more beautiful in person. I even got them in time to share with my family, so thank you Mama-Face.
Secondly, my dear, dear blog friend, Betty from the fabulous blog,(http://cutand-dry.blogspot.com/) gave me two awards and I have had such a crazy couple of weeks that I am just now passing it along. Sorry, Betty. You know that I love you.
So the Heartfelt Blogger had no rules so she passed it along with the Kreativ Blogger so I am doing the same.
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger were as follows:
Tell 7 things that you don't know.
Name 7 blogs to tag.
Leave a comment with the other winners.
Leave a thank you to who gave the award. So here goes:
Seven thing you don't know about me:
1) My first apartment in San Francisco was in the Tenderloin. For those of you who do not know San Fran, it is the WORST neighborhood in the city. It is nick-named the Tenderloin because it supposedly was a higher paying shift for the police officers. I moved to the city from Houston and knew nothing and no-one. Everyone teased me at ACT (along with refusing to come to my apartment) with the name Tenderloin Traci.
2) I saw a person shot in the above neighborhood and it was the reason that I moved. I was a matter of feet from the man.
3) I had a deep wine color birthmark on my nose which people received the following responses: I was asked how I hurt my nose, I was asked if it was a Tilak (the red dot worn by Hindi women) even though it was off-center and on my nose rather than my forehead, and/or I was teased. One of the most offensive teases I have previously mentioned which was hickey nose. Worse than being called hickey nose incessantly by ten year old boys, was having to hear from my mother what a hickey was.
4) I said the word "vitamin" at nine months -- not kidding. You can ask my mom. I was also walking and potty-trained then. This unfortunately set up some rather unrealistic expectations of my future. Evidently this led people to believe that I was something of a wunderkind. I think I just peaked early -- LOL.
5) I broke my ankle when I was in sixth grade wearing my best friend's heels.
6) I love red lipstick, Chanel No. 5, and black underwear. Conveniently, these things can be combined in terrific fashion.
7) I have already acknowledged my love for bad 70's mellow rock (except for the Pina Colada song -- I don't get that one!) but I also love early 80's British Invasion -- The Fixx, Depeche Mode, The Cure, ABC, Thompson Twins, etc. and David Bowie through any era!
So Seven blogs to tag: (This is always the hardest part for me!)
1) Home Cooking With Sonya -- http://homecookingwithsonya.blogspot.com/
2) If Evolution Works -- http://ifevolutionworks.com/
3) Away We Go -- http://npoj.blogspot.com/
4) Currently on Tour -- http://damcfam.blogspot.com/
5) Good Girl Gone Redneck -- http://goodgirlgoneredneck.blogspot.com/
6) Pen and Paper -- http://pettywitter.blogspot.com/
7) 2Wired2Tired (formally 2 Toddlers and Me) -- http://www.2wired2tired.com/
Check out the above. They are all unique in their own way. I love acknowledging them, I just hate choosing from so many great blogs. So there its is, you've been tagged.
I will make my announcement tomorrow. 'Til then, all my best.