Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 240 or Sputter, Sputter

So I haven't written in a few days. I don't have a terrific answer as to why not. I have just felt a little like a plane that is sputtering out. No energy. No inspiration. It just feels like I am working so hard to stay in the air. The plane has run out of gas and I feel a nosedive coming.

This happens to me sometimes but it is always disappointing and frustrating. I try so hard to stay focused and driven. When I do anything I am usually an 110%, Go-Go-Go girl. Whether it's my schoolwork, my kids, or this blog. But sometimes, all that just disappears. And this week, I haven't felt inspired to do more that click the like button on Facebook. And I don't want to come here to whine.

But then I thought "What the heck is my blog for?" If I can't come to it and be who I am, where I am, then what have I been doing these 200+ days? So this is where I am, who I am. Tired. Behind on my schoolwork. Avoiding my laptop like a pile of laundry. (Ironically, my laundry is done.)

So here's to a better week. If I haven't been by to visit, I should be around soon. As you can see, I haven't even been visiting my own place!

13 comments:

subu.ps said...

"Fried Momma" The label for this post is quite hillarious!!

Holly Lefevre said...

I feel like this exactly right now. Glad I am not alone! Could it have something to do with the 350+comments from SITS day...I think so.

I just hit the 39 and growing mark...ick! I mean YEAH!

I have no idea how I have not ended up here before...I see ya everywhere. Glad I found my way over here finally.

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day. I am a new follower.
Holly
504 Main

Betty Manousos said...

Traci, I know exactly what you mean.
I feel the same sometimes.
Wishing you a great week my friend!;o)
Betty xx

Unknown said...

Traci,
This happens often to me also. I wanted to edit few posts but could not do even a single thing. I am just lazing around.....

Liz Mays said...

You're better than I am. I don't even make it to the blog on those days!

Alyssa S. said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel. It has accounted for a number of nuclear meltdowns on my part lately. There are days where I feel like doing nothing more than sitting back and doing nothing!!!

Nancy C said...

It's supposed to be fun. That's what I tell myself when I'm feeling like the well is done dried up.

One Photo said...

Hey - you're studying and being a Mom and a whole lot else, so I can totally understand why your blog is hard to address right now. Take a break - we'll all still be here when you get back!

Mama-Face said...

yes, we have to remind ourselves who we're blogging for. and for most of us that is just that...ourselves.

that made sense in my head.

xoxo

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

This happens to me too from time to time. Sometimes you just push, push, push and then you're out of steam. I think it's natural to take a break from everything (even your blog) every once in awhile.

F said...

Hey, if your laundry is done, you are THERE! The rest will come! I have faith in you. but the laundry. WOW. Mine is sitting in the dryer right now. Sitting. Should get it before bed. Might. HA! To a better tomorrow!

Tired Mom Tésa said...

We've all been there I think. Some days it's just hard to sit down and write, especially when it's getting nicer out.

Hope you work through it and decide what's best for you.

Mayhem and Moxie said...

I so feel you on this post. There are days, far too many days, when my laptop remains untouched.

And I have to think that is totally OK. We all come back when we're ready! :)

-Francesca